Rummy is a game requiring skills, patience and a clear strategy to win. However, no two players are the same and each player has a different approach to the game.
So, how do you decide the best approach to winning and beating your opponents at?
Here are a few simple tips to help you decide the best approach when facing your opponent.
- Make sure that whenever you are playing a game of rummy, you never pick up any of the discarded cards, till the very end of the run. It’s because if you do, there are high chances that your opponent will get an idea of the cards in your hand, potentially blocking your sets and sequences from being put together.
- One of the best ways to defeat your opponent in a game of rummy is to pay close attention to the discard section. It will help you figure out your opponent’s game better. For example, if two Kings have been discarded already, you can get rid of your undesired Kings as well, as your opponent is unlikely to make a meld using those cards.
- What your opponent picks is vital to understanding his/her game better. For example, you have the 7 of Diamonds, and your opponent picks up the 8 of Diamonds. You should avoid discarding the 7 of Spades. It will block your opponent’s meld.
- If you have a bad hand, try discarding high-value cards like the King, Queen, Jack, and Aces at the earliest to reduce your points.
- Having high-value cards at the very beginning in a game of rummy is good since your opponent might decide to get rid of his/her high cards to save points. Use the opportunity to create your melds using the high-value cards.
The tips that we discussed above will help you get an advantage over most players. However, we recommend that you check our tutorial section to learn rules of rummy game better and improve your game.
Until next time. Keep playing, keep Winning!