Rummy is a game requiring skills, patience and a clear strategy to win. However, no two players are the same and each one of them will always have a different approach to the game.
So, how do you decide the best approach to winning and beating your opponents at his rummy game?
Here are a few simple tips to help you decide the best line approach when facing your opponent.
- Make sure that whenever you are playing a game of rummy; you never pick up any of the discarded cards once they have been thrown, till the very end of the run. It’s because if you do, there are high chances that your opponent will get an idea of the cards in your hand, potentially blocking your sets and sequences from being put together.
- One of the best ways to defeat your opponents in a game of rummy is to pay close attention to the discards section. It will help you figure out your opponent’s game better. For example, if two kings have been discarded already, you should get rid of your kings as well, because they are not going to make a meld using those cards.
- What your opponent picks is vital to understanding his/her game better. Let’s take an example, say you have 7 of diamonds and 7 of spades and your opponent picks up an 8 of diamonds, you should first discard the 7 of spades to block his meld and buy you time.
- If you have a bad hand, try discarding high-value cards like King, Queen, Jack, and Aces to reduce your points.
- Having high-value cards at the very beginning in a game of rummy is good since your opponent might decide to get rid of his/her high cards to save points. Use the opportunity to create your melds using the high-value cards.
The tips that we discussed above will help you get an advantage over most players; however, we recommend that you check our tutorial section to learn rules of rummy game better and improve your game.
Till next time. Keep Playing, Keep Winning!