There are a number of terms that are typically used in a rummy game. If you are looking for any term, you can get all the terms used in 13 cards rummy games:
Terminology Used in a Rummy Game
- Ace: These are cards that have “A” on them. In a standard deck of 52 cards, you can have four aces of different suits.
- Buy In: This indicates the cash amount required to enter a game that involves cash.
- Deal: The distribution of cards to all the players.
- Dealer: The cards are dealt to all the players in a rummy game by one of the players, who is called the dealer. A dealer is decided through a toss.
- Declare: After a player has finished arranging the cards in sets and sequences, he/she discards a card in the finish slot. This is called declaring.
- Discard: Placing a card facing up in the open deck.
- Draw: The process of picking a card from the closed or open deck.
- Drop: Any player can quit the game at any time. This process of quitting the rummy game is called drop.
- Hand: The cards that a player gets in a deal.
- Joker: A card selected randomly at the commencement of the rummy game that can be used in the place of any other card.
- Sequence: Having 3 or more consecutive cards of the same suit. For instance, 5 hearts, 6 hearts and 7 hearts make a sequence.
- Set: Having 3 or four cards of the same number, but not of the same suit. For instance, 5 hearts, 5 diamonds and 5 spades make a set.
- Top Card:The card at the top of the closed deck. Also called face down.
- Up Card:The card at the top of the discard or open deck. Also called face up.
Now you know all the terms used in a rummy game
! Play more games at Junglee Rummy to become an expert in rummy!