We keep telling people about how Rummy is a game of skill and that it’s crucial for them to keep the focus primarily on improving their skill set to be successful in all formats of the Rummy game in the years to come.
A few months back we spoke about Rummy being similar to FIFA in terms of strategy, and now we’re going to talk about 5 ways in which Rummy is similar to other sports and how you can master the game of skill using some of the takeaways from real-life sports.
- Basics for the win – To master anything, you need to dive into the basics. When it comes to a game like Cricket or Football, you need to understand all facets of the game and the necessary steps that will lead you to victory.
Be it the batting technique or ways to score a goal; if you don’t know the basics, then you will not get anywhere. Hence you need to get your basics clear before mastering the game. The same goes for Rummy.
If your fundamentals are all jumbled up, then it’s going to be hard to move on to the next step. So why don’t you start with a quick crash-course on Rummy glossary to get you started?
Interesting 3 Min Read- Rummy Glossary for Newbies
2. Presence of mind – Everyone keeps telling us that it’s essential to keep our “head in the game.” The literal interpretation of that is valid and of utmost importance.
To stay focused during the whole duration of the game is something that holds for all sports and in fact, might be more logical in the case of Rummy. Being aware of this fact when you play rummy is the key to a successful win.
3. Patience is a virtue – One phrase that we have all heard time and again. But being patient in a sport is something that will take you a long way. It all starts by being patient when you’re learning a game, then onward to practice and then being able to master it.
Whether you’re trying your hand at scoring a goal or just making sure that the ball hits the stump in the first try, it all needs time to master. Similarly, in Rummy, when you talk about having your first win in a tournament, be ready for a lot of practice sessions before – so be patient.
Post You Might Like– Life and Rummy: What Makes It So Much More than Just a Game
4. Persistence is critical – when you try your hand at a new sport, you have to be ready for failures. And we are talking about multiple failures. So you must stay persistent throughout the process. The likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Cristiano Ronaldo didn’t master their respective sports in a day. Likewise, you will not learn Rummy in a day or even a week. It takes time, and you will fail, you need to be ready for failures every step of the way. But once you make a particular mistake and fail, you will never make the same mistake again. So hang in there.
5. Learning is fundamental – You need to let go of the “I know everything” attitude. Once you’re done with the first 4 ways mentioned above, then you have to be sure that you pick up new tricks along the way to play rummy online cash and imbibe them in all your activities – sports or gaming. Rummy is no different, and every day is a new day with new learnings, and we must be ready to learn and pick up new Rummy tips every day.
We’ve listed out these 5 things that we think are super important for you to remind yourself about every time you’re learning a new sport or trying your hand at Junglee Rummy. Make sure to read more of our blogs here.